Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 29, 2014

GUESS WHAT?!

First off, thanks again always for all the emails I get, it makes me feel incredible!! I love hearing what is going on in everyone's life right now. I'm excited to come home and see all these new baby cousins of mine and new people in the family. WEIRD, but exciting. It's weird to think that life at home is still going on and crazy things are happening. I just feel like time should just pause there until I come come back and then things can start again. But it's okay, its will be fun to just see all that has happened while I was gone. 

There are a lot of English Speakers in the ward, so it's nice because they'll talk to me in English, and I'll answer them sa Cebuano. It's actually really funny. But I want to learn Cebuano so bad so I keep telling them, if they only talk in English, how will I ever learn? So then they halo halo. It's great, mix English and Cebuano words. I have not had a lot of headaches so I am great, a few were pretty bad, but after eating and taking medicine I felt a lot better. But other than that I have stayed healthy. It's nice. Even from all the weird things I have tried with my companions, I haven't gotten sick, thank goodness. I do feel and notice your prayers every day, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! THAT'S THE NICEST THING THAT ANYONE'S EVER DONE FOR ME!!! 

ARE YOU READY!!!!
HERE IT GOES. . .. ..
EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE PROBABLY READ IT!!
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME, COME ON LAUREL, JUST SAY IT ;)


I GOT EMERGENCY TRANSFERRED!!!!

Can you believe it? Sister Tandiman just left and now I left the area. And my bago nga mga kauban (new companions) don't really know the area still? I mean kind of, but we didn't make it to teach all of our investigators ug less active members so I don't know how things are going to work out. In a way it's kind of a white wash, man. I just hope that they don't skip visiting people if they can't find them.

This transfer has been a little insane, but it's all good. With Sister Zomora and Sister Albaytar we were enjoying our time together, but I feel like we weren't really working as hard as I had with Sister Tandiman. We weren't getting as many lessons in because we were visiting one of our IBD's every day, Sister Vicky, who is doing very well! and traveling there from other areas made it hard. Also with time. We would leave late to go out and work and just didn't use our time too wisely, it was okay, but definitely could have been better. We still would get 25 lessons, per week but I wanted to be teaching more, so it was nice when we were able to split.

 And then what? After Sister Tandiman's ET, me next. Weird thing was I figured I was going to transfer, but this next transfer, not before transfer day, so it was a little bit of a shock, but it's cool! I'm actually excited. I was sad at first because I felt like I was just getting comfortable with the people there and enjoying my time there, but this is going to be good. There is a reason for everything right? I just hope those 2 Sisters can find all of our investigators and less active members because we didn't quite get to visit all of them when I was there. That's when you gotta have faith, right?

so my new kauban is Sister Villiasus, and man do I love her!!! She talks to everyone and is happy ALL THE TIME!!! It's great, she helps me out in the lessons and really backs me up instead of just sitting there, having me do the whole lesson, like sometimes Sister Zomora would do. It was hard, but got me to just go for it, and keep talking. I feel like we are pretty unified in our teaching all ready, although we just met. we still aren't perfectly unified, but it feels good so far. And her FTE's are really meaningful, she doesn't just share one doctrine, we make it longer than that and insert more doctrine in, it's great!!! so they really know about our church. Our Branch Presidency is amazing, super funny, and full of life. It looks like they will be really helpful with the people and they will be fun to work with. This area seems nice, even though we aren't exactly sure of our area yet, we have ideas, but not the whole picture. It looks like we need to find a lot more people because we just have a few investigators, so that will be fun! it will be like opening a new area. Even though at first I was scared to get a whole new companion, I am so happy and excited. I have learned so much from each companion and know that it is for a purpose. Whatever it may be.

Wow things were really put into perspective in the zone conference we just had yesterday. it was about the City of God I realized that I need to really strive to live my life well so I can live with Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. I can't wait for this moment. And the feelings that we will have will be experiencing more joy and happiness that we have ever felt before. I can't believe it. This joy must be incredible. I don't know if people realize how neat this promise is. To be able to have this wonderful opportunity to live there, creating worlds, with loved ones, always and forever, if we keep the commandments and covenants we have made at baptism and in the temple. I can't imagine how people live without this knowledge. It is such a motivator to me!!!
sorry i'm out of time, but that is my crazy week, i will send you more updates next week. always stay happy! Here's a quote I really like that I found in personal study. "Sometime's in life we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
love ya tons one and all
Sister Riggs







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown