Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7, 2013

HEY ALL!!!! KOMUSTA KA? (HOW ARE YOU DOING?)
I'm doing just dandy! Loving life, learning a ton, and studying.I keep wondering if time has gone by fast for you all or not. I feel like since there is so much packed into the day the days go kinda slow, but weeks are sooooooooooo fast. WEIRD!! 
So this week we have been doing pretty much the same thing, nothing super exciting has happened, but I am still learning a ton. The investigators we teach are our teachers, which makes it fun, but one of our investigators agreed to baptism!!! AHHHH, it isn't the REAL word, but we still got so excited, I couldn't believe it. His name is Jerrick and he is really doing well. He said he doesn't feel ready, but wants to get baptized so we will just keep teaching him until he feels ready. I can't wait. It will be nice to actually have people commit to things and do things for real, it's kind of scary, but cool! 
Tuesday, was a very interesting day. We started out the day with personal exercise and my companion didn't really want to join us. She did the same thing last week, but we just kind of let her be. So Sister Grigg, a Sister in our district and one of the Sister Training leaders went to go talk with her and tell her that exercise is important and that it will relieve stress and that we need to be obedient and do the things we are supposed to. Sister Tune, my companion was already feeling stressed and homesick and who knows what else so she started crying. Something just triggered it I guess. So we went to breakfast, but she didn't want to eat so I just let her be, but Sister Grigg kind of forced her too and that made things worse. After Sister Grigg talked with her for a little bit we came to come check on them and see what was going on. Both of them looked sad, but Sister Tune was the one crying. She said she wanted to go home and to see a counselor right then? OH MY GOODNESS. That triggered something in me and I started to cry to. What is this? I hardly ever cry. Well, maybe just everything is piling up inside or something, basta (anyway) while they went to go see the counselor Sister Warner took me back to class. I was blaming myself for everything. I was worried she wanted to go home because I wasn't being a good enough companion. I kept thinking that I wasn't being there for her or just so many little things that I thought I was doing wrong. She had joked about going home before, but I didn't think she was really thinking of it. During personal study I wrote her a letter telling her how much I love her and that she has such a strong testimony and that she can totally do this. I encouraged her as much as I could and told her Heavenly Father wouldn't have put her here if he knew she wouldn't be able to handle it. He only gives us trials we can get through. It's great! I also added some scriptures in their and gave it to her later that day. We were not getting a lot of studying done because I just kept thinking of her and hoping she was doing fine. Every time I would look over at her tears would be streaming down her face. It made me feel so bad. She made an appointment to talk to her parents, but when we went to go try, we couldn't get through. It just kept saying, "Calls are not permitted to this country." We tried so many times with the sweet counselor man, and it still didn't work. So he told us we could come try again on Wednesday. After taking a nap she felt a ton better and then we got some food in her. As the day went on she did get better, but still seemed sad. Singing songs would trigger emotions or other things. It was just sad. Later that night we heard from Sister Jan Zwick and W. Craig Zwick of the 70! I feel so lucky to be hearing from all these wonderful speakers of the seventy! All that they said went perfectly with what had gone on the whole day. They talked about obedience and how doing what's right brings blessings and how disobedience brings spiritual/physical pain and unwanted consequences. Also we were given principles to follow. 1. Follow inspired Priesthood counsel 2. listen and act on the voice of the Spirit. 3. obey the commandments. We will be protected if we follow these commandments. Also the Preach My Gospel book is a sacred gift-an inspired book so we need to use it all the time. And Christ has a pattern we can follow. 1. Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ. 2. Have a perfect brightness of hope. 3. have a love of God and for all men 4. Feast upon the words of Christ 5. Endure to the End. Elder Jacobs in our district mentioned that he doesn't like the word endure because he thinks it sounds like a bad thing and we are hanging on for dear life. We need to triumph and prevail through trials not just endure. We talked about the devotional after and I love hearing everyone's insights, it's wonderful! She is so much better now and wants to stay, but it was scary at first. 
And fast Sunday was so wonderful here! We had Mission Conference and heard from all the members of our District Presidency. They all are so inspiring and I admire them for all they do for us. I loved hearing members of our zone bare testimonies during sacrament meeting. I got to bare mine and it was great. It was cool to hear a little about everyone's background story and what they know about the gospel. And we made it until 5:30, dinner time!! YIPEE! It feels good to fast until dinner.
Well, I gotta go, I so wish I had more time to e-mail, but that's been my week. We just keep studying so there's not a ton to report back to, but here's what happened. It was intense. So thanks again for all the letters and things that have been sent to me, I am so spoiled. You are all wonderful, and the church is true. I have had so many tender mercies being here and I hope you are all looking out for them everyday. 
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown